Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing a zipped program

• Please log in to reply

Laptop Boy

Laptop Boy

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
I went to download IE Spypad and it is a zip file. I have had no luck in the past with zips and would like a step by step instruction on how to to this application.

BTW, I DL'd freezip and I have not a clue where it went. Help! :D

Thanks guys. <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Windows XP has support for ZIP files built-in. You should just be able to right click the file icon and select extract from the menu.

Laptop Boy

Laptop Boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks! <_<

geohicks

geohicks

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yes that is true admin but a little easier way is for you to go to cnet.com and downloading Winzip it gives you a friendly step by step guide on how to unzipp a file and the best part is that it is free.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

the best part is that it is free.

It's not really free, it's just that the evaluation period never ends. :D

I don't like WinZip, as I think it too bloated and adds to many menu features in its default setup. Actually, the program I use most is WinRAR. Better, faster compression, and nice options for creating self-extracting files. Like WinZip, it's not "free" either, but you can continue to use it after the evaulation period, if you don't mind the "nag screens".

We usually recommend FreeZip, becasue it's simple, and totally free. <_<