Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Buzz?

• Please log in to reply

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Hey,
I just thought of looking at the BOIS and I saw the following disabled, so I enabled them:
Warning for system over-heating
Warning for video-card over-heating(I think, or something like that!)
Once I changed that to enable and also changed warn me when system goes over 60 Degrees C'. Before it had diaabled that so I changed it to 60 Degrees C!
After that I restarted my computer and there was a buzzing noise(really loud)! So I went back to the BIOS Undid all the changed settings now Im fine! But I just wanted to know what happened?
Regards RockyIV

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download Everest Home here

http://www.lavalys.h...p?pid=1&lang=en

Run it then click + next to computer then sensor, it takes a while but will show you the main temps

........................................................................................................

If you didn't have Everest then consider it a belated birthday present :tazz:

If you already have Everest, you don't need a present :)

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
LOL! Thanks a online birthday presents....should catch on! Thanks I am not using that computer right now but will post a reply tomorrow! I should just post the main temps right? Thanks Keith!
RockyIV

Edited by RockyIV, 30 August 2005 - 02:30 AM.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Here is a report.
Thanks

Attached Files

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is the CPU fan speed adjustable

60 is usually tops, which is why you got the buzzing when you enabled them, temp guides vary so the onboard one may have read it differently or it is set to warn when you get near 60, rather than at 60

The CPU is the only one to worry about from the report

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Okay Im not going to enable that so I will leave just asked to make sure nothing bad is going to happen!
Thanks Keith!
RockyIV