Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Comp. Cant find out why.

• Please log in to reply

shinobi_101

shinobi_101

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer has slowed down a lot just recently. And it all appeared to have happened in a day. Everything was fine 1 day then the next was problem after problem. When I logon, it takes about 5 minutes to load. And if thats not bad enough, sometimes everything on my desktop is missing. The taskbar,start menu, and icons are gone. So I have to restart my computer, wait for the logon to finish, and then the desktop is back. I dont know how this happened since I have a firewall and Internet protection. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Matt @1230

Matt @1230

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi Please go here to get anti virus and adware protection

http://www.geekstogo...ources-t38.html

After that please post a hijack log for me to see

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
no do not POST HIJACK THIS LOGS HERE POST THEM IN THE CORRECT FORUM thank you

Matt @1230

Matt @1230

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Edited by Matt @1230, 20 August 2005 - 09:17 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

shinobi_101

shinobi_101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I already have antivirus and antispyware and just did a scan. I dont have any malware on my computer and the problem is still going on.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
well have you checked your hard drive to see if it is causing the problem. When nothing comes on the screen it means thst it has nit fully loaded.

shinobi_101

shinobi_101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
whats nit fully loaded?