Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help me someone

• Please log in to reply

starburst32

starburst32

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi! I don't know too much about computers and I'm not sure if my problem should be under this topic but.. there are a couple of problems with my computer and I'm hoping someone can help me?

#1 - i've had this forever but there's this blue line that goes right through my computer screen. i don't know what it is but it's been there for awhile now.

#2 - just today, now i have a red line that goes down on the very left of my computer screen. these lines aren't thick.

#3 - my BIGGEST problem. nothing will open up. i will double click on any programs, and none of them will open. (from internet to control panel to other programs)

#4 - my mouse seems to have trouble moving. it will just move up & down and five seconds later it will start moving again.

is there i way i can fix this? school starts very soon for me (so im very stressed out b/c i need computer access). my computer stores VERY VERY important information so i am very worried that i will never be able to see these files again.

Advertisements

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
I must confess, both these sound like Hardware problems, have you spoken to the trusted techs we have in the hardware forum??

as for not being able to open anything, that could be malware,

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware

on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post that log here!