Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ram and motherboard

• Please log in to reply

Dobbo1337

Dobbo1337

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey, Could one of you guys please tell me if this mother board
Is compatible with this piece of ram.

Thanks for any replies.

Advertisements

lionelhutz5

lionelhutz5

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
To me, it looks like it will. But remember, your motherboard has shared ram. That means that the memory must be installed in pairs. So you must get two sticks of RAM when you put it in. So if you want 1GB more total, get 2 512 sticks. If you want to put in a 1 Gig stick, then you will have to get a second.

Second, the RAM piece you are looking at is 333. You most likely already have 2 sticks installed, which means you will have 2 slots left for adding more. If those 2 sticks are at 400, and you add 333, then the 400 will slow down to act as 333. In shared RAM, all RAM acts aof RAM you already have in your computer - size and speed.

Peace,
Jared

Dobbo1337

Dobbo1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thanks man appreciate it, i currently dont have any ram in my motherboard lol, as it's not installed yet. guess i better get 2 X 512 sticks
Thanks, u jus saved me some time waiting for a pointless delivery =)