Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help is it the Processor or something else?

• Please log in to reply

the sergeant

the sergeant

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear all,

Anybody assist on this problem

Crucial 512M memory

AMD 2300+ processor

Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ baord

Radeon Graphics

Maxtor 40GB HDD

Using XP Pro

Ok - Built this system originally with a PC Chips M848A board. However it had an intermittent problem in that it lost the HDD drive when powered down and wouldn't reset until it was redetected in the BIOS.

Assumed it was the Motherboard so I got the Gigabyte.

Now I have another similar intermittent problem. If I clock the processor to 133/166Mhz It losses the HDD - as in POST message Primary master HDD failure. If I do manage to get it into XP if I access something like a Data CD I get three beeps and a total crash out.

If I clock to 100Mhz, system detects everything fine and seems to work OK.

I have used the Maxtor diagnostics software and the HDD passes all the tests.

Any ideas out there I have run out of them and just want to take a sledge hammer to the lot of it !!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements