Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please, please help?

• Please log in to reply

Daniel&Marisa

Daniel&Marisa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Geeks To Go -

I need your help, pretty please? My computer has been infected by not one, but 2 virusses! I purchased Norton Anti-Virus in an attmpt to fix my computer, but without success.

Luckily I stumbled across your webside and now you are my last hope!

However, I followed your instructions and downloaded "clean-up" - I was prompted to insert a disk with Windows XP on it - I don't have such a disk seeing that my computer came out with Windows XP when I bought it. Now, I not only have the virusses but also scrambled toolbars etc...

I also tried to downlaod Ad-Aware as suggested - I received the following message: Application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.

Please, say you can help me - As you may have figured I don't know anything about computers and I desperately need your help.

Many thanks

Daniel

Advertisements

MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi, welcome to Geekstogo. If you still experience trouble after following all recommendations for malware removal, go to the "Malware Removal" forums and post a HijackThis logfile there.