i attempted to build a system a while back and it has given me way more trouble than its worth.
the hardware -
ATI X800 Pro
3.2Ghz Intel P4 CPU
512 RAM x 2
120G SATA HD
***note that i do install all of the latest drivers for the hardware before testing games***
i first installed xp on it and it did run better than my previous system, but games(which should have be the most obvious and drastic improvement) were running worse than the old computer.
1. after trying everthing that i could to figure out the reason it was doing so badly to no avail, i just reformatted.
2. after a fresh install of xp it did the same thing.
3. i formatted again.
4. this time around i got all sorts of errors saying that windows could not find files during the installation. the installation finished and the same problem persisted.
5. (i reformatted and reistalled many times to the same result)
6. i got xp pro and installed it after a format
7. no errors occured during the installation and everything seemed fine until windows started. the first thing message i got was that the "registry had to be recovered from an alternate copy". then the drwatson postmortem debugger error popped up and explorer.exe never started...
8. i reformatted and reinstalled once again except this time i got all sorts of errors during the installation saying that it could not find files so often that i couldnt finish installing it.
9. i give up and need help
its a legit copy of windows
any help would mean the world to me
unfortunately i cant give a hjt log anything because i cant start or install windows.
Edited by halfdollarlotto, 20 August 2005 - 01:59 PM.