Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power surge...

• Please log in to reply

dubhdara

dubhdara

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My PC has recently come back from the repair shop - with a new motherboard , RAM, and processor added.

It works fine but when I turn on the power switch at the rear of the machine the PC goes to boot up (for about 2 seconds) even though I have not pressed the ON button at the front of the machine. The PC then goes back to being 'off'. Pressing the ON button then boots it up fine.

I am afraid this will damage the HDD...

Does anyone know what might be wrong? The power unit is new and was working fine before the upgrade.

Dubhdara.

Advertisements

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
some times new motherboards do that, there is nothign wrong, both my computers do that, and so did my last computer, so, i don't belive anything is wrong

dubhdara

dubhdara

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Goladith.

That makes me feel better - I am setting it up as my pmain PC now
and don't want problems!

Dubhdara.