Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help with my CSs server

• Please log in to reply

VGamr

VGamr

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
like i said i add bots and i cant get rid of em how do i get rid of em someone plz help fast :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Are you using one of the admin mods if not try mani it makes stuff like that easier.

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
no im jus operating a normal admin me watchin over it i cant play on there because my computer lags it up when i play on my own server id think id be faster lol but its just prob a ram problem im gettin 1024 for my comp so i should be good with any game lol i am starting my servers by using steams thing its called source dedicated server. any thoughts of help would be appreciated. thnx all :tazz:

adammj420

adammj420

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
edit: bot_kick is what command i use, or you have to individually kick everybot which sux if u have alot. :tazz:

Edited by adammj420, 20 August 2005 - 07:33 PM.

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
thnx lol and does anybody know how to make the notices on the cs servers cause i am makin one for the clan im in but i need to know the commands and everything like inserting pics displaying a web page in it and all that happy crap lol very appreciated :tazz:

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
lol nvm about writin that list i found out how but now im getting kicked and banned when i try to join my own server this is weird if sum1 could help fast so i can watch my players and make sure they dont cheat thnx ppl :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Get one of the admin mods for CS like mani, it will make your life easier.

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
yea i got mani its weird now its not doin it jus plain weird prob the other admin guy was doin it o well hes gone :tazz: i left that 3 man clan

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol, sounds like my clan technically a five man clan, but one member cant get off his bird for 10 mins to play CS and the other two smoke two much weed to be up to plaing anyone.

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
lol :tazz: i was gonna try to join the clan my friends in sniperwatch but unfortunately i cant access their site my internet wont go to it lol.its weird i thought my internet explorer might lol but it wont which sucks.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Clan sites are notoriously hard to find and get on, it never seems to be much of a priority especially if your entire clan is on xfire and you have your own server.
By the way you know to run a proper server online with a playable ping you are going to have to get a leased line. A normal broadband connection doesnt have the upload speed neccesary for a server.

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
lol so what u mean is my computer isnt able to run efficently on my own server for source and hl2dm and all them high end games cause i run my own servers for the lower games like day of defeat hlaf life counter strike and all that lol and i kill everyone :tazz: i think i would just need more ram lol i have 382 in now(256mb and a 128mb) i should be ordering 2 512mb's of ram from them man its gonna cost me 170 bucks or maybe a lil more but o well better than me tryin to play games off this crappy gateway we have in the office lol

Edited by VGamr, 29 August 2005 - 05:52 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No but everyone else is going to have really terrible pings because you dont have enough speed on your internet connection going up and down. I also wouldnt like to try any of the source based games on a server without a gig of ram.
And you arent going to be able to play yourself on that computer otherwise it will make the server lag even more.

VGamr

VGamr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
ooo lol i jus thought more ram better speed for my comp and i would b able too but o well lol thnx 4 tellin me b4 i told all my friends lol :tazz:

Delta_Man_Sam

Delta_Man_Sam

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
my uncle has well had a server he has 4 gb speed internet connection and he used 2 computers woth of speed and i was still laggy, might i suggest buying a server!

Edited by Delta_Man_Sam, 01 September 2005 - 03:43 AM.