Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP. display out of range in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

americanpatriot12001

americanpatriot12001

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
trying to remove malware with a program that requires a safemode boot. The problem I'm having is my signal is out of range.
I've lowered them as far as i can, and it still shows out of range in safe mode. how can I revert to the default monitor setting so I can get safe mode up and running

System win XP
NVIDA Geforce Fx 5200 graphic
Monitor works with both default and geforce

Advertisements

]2yaN

]2yaN

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
if you were running the NviewDesktop manager and u have a tv with s video well is your card AGP or PCI does it have the tv out or Dvi out or the other outs..lol try hooking it up to tv if u have tv-out and if your nview was enabled it might get picked up on tv..i dont know though give it a shot im just browseing around finding no replys and throwin my 2 cents in...Goodluck :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Out of range is usually the screen resolution, it should still load safe mode even if it goes squiggly where the boot screens should be

americanpatriot12001

americanpatriot12001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I guess whats happening is when i go into safe mode. safe mode does not use the NVIDA Geforce Fx 5200 graphic card so I get an out of range. I can't find any options in control panel that would allow me to use the old video card (still in PC).
I have tried hooking up the monitor in the old slote and rebooting and that does not work.
I have used VGA mode, and it powers up but not in safe mode that I need.
Kinda stumptd.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

I guess whats happening is when i go into safe mode. safe mode does not use the NVIDA Geforce Fx 5200 graphic card so I get an out of range. I can't find any options in control panel that would allow me to use the old video card (still in PC).
I have tried hooking up the monitor in the old slote and rebooting and that does not work.
I have used VGA mode, and it powers up but not in safe mode that I need.
Kinda stumptd.

View Post

There may be a setting in BIOS to disable the onboard video. You may need to change it.