Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

quadro 4 900xgl

• Please log in to reply

oxonater

oxonater

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi to all just wondered if anyone out there has expierenced this problem and how to solve,had a nvidia quadro 4 900 xgl for a while now and suddenly the graphics have become corrupt.On boot up graphics appear unstable if you move the card it corrects for a few seconds the continues to be corrupt,lines of blocks appearing all over screen i am stumped is it the end for my card.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. May be the end of the line for the card, but you can try a few things first. Make sure the card is securely seated in the slot. Go to the Nvidia web page and download the current driver for the card. Then download Driver Cleaner (it is free) http://www.drivercleaner.net/. Then go to add/remove progams, and remove the Nvidia driver. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. Then reboot and install the current driver.

oxonater

oxonater

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
many thanks for the quick reply,trouble is even in safe mode there is still blocky lines all over the screen so it,s hard to c anything just wondered if it could be to do with the capacitors on the board i got a multi meter and tested for continunityand a couple of violet coloured ones were showing nothing at all and further down the board some of the same violet colour were showing continunity just wondered if they could be replaced and were do i get them from.this is assuming that this is the problem,also now it will stay on for a couple of minutes then it distorts even more and then you get a blue fatal error occured screen i can just make out something about a memory dump cheers