Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Curses! Aurora! Winfixer? More?

• Please log in to reply

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Honestly I think you are fine!

I believe one of the buggers is responsible for fubaring the CD drive and you may need to look at reloading the software!

I am sure there is a forum here that deals with that specifically!

See what you can do about the CD Rom and browse around a few days and let me know how things develop!

Advertisements

clairest

clairest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I believe one of the buggers is responsible for fubaring the CD drive and you may need to look at reloading the software!

:tazz: Which begs the question of how does one reload the software for a busted CD drive when the software is on a CD? Save it to a thumb drive from another computer perhaps...
I'll go check out the hardward threads.

Things seem to be running much smoother and my boot up is much shorter. No more Aurora pop ups thank goodness. How is it that MacAfee, an antivirus program, advertises on Aurora!!! I use Norton anyway.

So, am I just leaving C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\logonui.exe on my drive since it resists deleting?

Wizard

Wizard

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Well,thats just it,I am not a Software expert and since I have never tried it before,I cant give any solid advise at all!

As far as C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\logonui.exe
http://www.liutiliti...ibrary/logonui/

I dont know if we just spelled it wrong in the other post or I just had a huge Brain Fart!

If you will,ask around at the XP forum or the Software\Application forum and see if anyone has any bright ideas and I will ask some of my friends about the CD Rom

clairest

clairest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yeah, I like being able to log on to Windows, so I think I'll keep logonui.exe! Doh!