Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

where is it!?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
i would like to know where the files that make a copy of everything (pictures and movies), ever watched on the internet?

Please help me
i am so desperate
i got myself into a bad situation
i will explain if yous help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please please please pleaseas please :tazz: :) :) :) :ph34r:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi akashlee...Welcome to G2G!

I'm a little confused with your post... :tazz:

Would you mind posting back with a little more specific description of what you need assistance with?

wannabe1

]2yaN

]2yaN

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
im not an expert but if you havent cleared your temp folders you might want to look in there but it depends on what you watched or looked at and what you watched it on if you watched it on windows media player just goto the player and search for all media files if thats the case or try looking in ietemp file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content like i said im no expert but let me know if that helped at all :tazz:

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
please tell me

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
i got rid of the temps by clean up, now the movies, watched on windows media player

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Media Player, click tools, on the player tab, remove tick from add music files to library when played, click apply

Click Library on the top bar, press and hold the ctrl key, left click a file then press letter A, they should highlight, right click a file, click delete

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
i did the thing that looks for all media files, but it won't let me delete them, it just gives the option of closing it.???????????????????????

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click Library and delete the files

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
i can't find the libary in the tabs?
dang it
forget this
can you guys just tell me where it is located? (all thoese media files watched in the internet)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It would be easier for people to help you if you gave more details, there are various peices of software that may suit your situation if we knew what it was.
From times where i have seen people in a similar state as you they had been looking at things they rather didnt want anyone to know that they looked at. There are software to cover your tracks privacy mantra is good, all the things you look at on the net and not actually downloaded to a specific folder go to the temps folder, if you run disk clean up it clears all that.

Advertisements

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
but will this destroy the video clips?

]2yaN

]2yaN

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Do0od i thought you wanted to Find them to watch not delete :) you

need to just do what the staff said and do disk cleanup unless somebody really wants

i mean really wants to see what you see Disk cleanup will do the trick and if

you want to be certain theres like 10,000 sites that have file shredders or track

erasers.....your funny do0od :tazz:

Aero

Aero

• Pip
  • 5 posts
try this go to my computer from there go to tools then clikc on folder options, from there go to the view tab and click on the show hidden files and folder options then click ok.
then open up c: then go to documents and settings from there go to your account which should be the name you are using to log on to your pc, from there go to local settings then, what you are going to do i s clear out everything inside the temp, temporary internetfiles, and history folders
NOTE: do not erase the folders, erase everything in them

when you finish doing that go to C: and open up the windows folder look for the PREFETCH folder and again delet everything in it

I hope that helps.

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
go to c-net and doewnload x-cleaner for a trial run.It should give you the option of either keeping or shredding??any media you want to get rid of.I'm assuming youre noy working on some secret op. for dod,because everything can be recovered sooner or later from our puters.I have c-net very valuable in supplying the gizmos and the swonderful folks here in giving me a hand to use them.Just don't freak and start pushing every delete key you see.

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
now please explain.