Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I've experienced some intermittent problems shutting down computer. On those occasions I have to manually shut it down. I have a Dell Dimension 4600 and did post at the Dell Support site, I had suspected I might have a problem and ran hijackthis and then posted log. The admin said it looked clean and told me the procedure for bringing up black screen and check for hidden tasks.

When I did this I found an entry that said '304 XoftSpy.job' - I have both SpyBot and Adaware SE along with Adwatch running, though I did not have them downloaded on the date that appeared next to this entry.

Can you please tell me what type of 'thing' this is and how do I safely get rid of it?

Thanks very much.