Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

d link and gaming

• Please log in to reply

cpfre

cpfre

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hey everybody i have a computer with a dlink card in it and my mom has the modem and d link router box thing on her pc so we are networked and im a getting a new pc a good one (gaming monster) and i was wondering if she got a virus would it come to my computer as well and i dont have the modem my mom does and i was wondering can it have an effect online gaming.

Edited by cpfre, 20 August 2005 - 07:59 PM.

Advertisements

adammj420

adammj420

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
in the past when didnt know much about computers, i was in virus central.. it took my router out and all that good stuff. most likely it was a hijacker of some sort. so if i was you i wouldnt connect to a computer with infections. just to be safe :tazz:

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I wouldn't worry about that.

Being on the same network doesn't mean you'll be connecting to her. You're more secure than being directly connected to the internet :tazz: . And unless it's using a 0 day exploit (which I doubt), you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Run a firewall, a good AV scanner (such as AVG), and scan periodically for all types of malware. That's a given.

cpfre

cpfre

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks everbody for answering my question :tazz: :) :)