Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

remove sdlxxs.exe

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
sdlxxs.exe shows up in Hijackthis after deleting/reboot, even in safe mode. I had Winfixer and Nail.exe along with popups, but somehow I managed to delete them.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdlxxs.exe reg_run

Only reoccuring line. If anyone has idea on how to find .dll or know where to delete on regedit, I would greatly appreciate the time. Thanks.

I'll attach a Hijack log just in case.

Attached Files

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,661 posts
Hi kjleon and Welcome to GeekstoGo!

Please Download WinPFind:

Right Click the Zip Folder and Select "Extract All"

Don't use it yet!

Reboot into SAFE MODE(Tap F8 when restarting)
Here is a link on how to boot into Safe Mode:

From the WinPFind folder-> Doubleclick WinPFind.exe and Click "Start Scan"

It will scan the entire System, so please be patient!

One you see "Scan Complete"-> a log (WinPFind.txt) will be automatically generated in the WinPFind folder!

While you are in Safe Mode,please use the Task Manager and look in Processes and see if there is an entry like this

sdlxxs.exe<- the name may have changed but will be randomly lettered like that one!

Restart Normal and Scan the PC again at the Panda Site,be sure to save the report!

Post back with a fresh HijackThis log and the reports from WinPfind and Panda!