well ty ne ways
1. Choose Start > Control Panel and double click Add hardware, then click Next.
Click "Yes, I have already connected the hardware" and click Next.
2. Choose Add a new hardware device at the bottom of the list and click Next.
Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)", and click Next.
3. Select "Sound, video and game controllers" from "Common hardware types" list and click Next.
Select "(Standard system devices)" from "Manufacturer" and click Have Disk.
4. Click Browse in the "Install From Disk" dialog box and open the folder C:\Windows\System32
Find mmdriver.inf file, select it and click Open then click OK in the "Install From Disk" dialog box. If you see a warning about logo compatibility, just click "Continue Anyway".
5. Now you should finally see a list of audio codecs. Amongst the other items, you should find Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec and IMA ADPCM Audio Codec. You need to install them one by one so select either of these and click Next. This should re-install the codec (take care, you may need your Windows XP CD).
- All default audio codecs are in the same list with Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec and IMA ADPCM Audio Codec; just go to step 5 and select them.
- If you want to (re)install video codecs go to step 3 Select "(Standard system devices)" from "Manufacturer" and "Video Codecs" from "Model" then follow the instructions.
Edited by adammj420, 21 August 2005 - 07:18 PM.