Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How?

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi, I just wanted to know, how do you get infected with (spysherif,anit-virus gold,ect) becasue when i had got infected with these items i did not download anything so how did it come on to my computer??? How is it possible that i leave the computer, come back and see i have the virus???

Advertisements

MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
It could have been sent by e-mail or through an instant message conversation. There are lots of ways certain viruses can spread.

:tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hiya

have a look at this article by Tony Klein

Spyware, Adware, Malware: What it is, how it got on my computer, how to get rid of it, and how to prevent it.

UKBiker

Edited by ukbiker, 21 August 2005 - 12:09 PM.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Hiya

have a look at this article by Tony Klein

So how did I get infected in the first place? and Spyware Aid's spyware article: Spyware, Adware, Malware: What it is, how it got on my computer, how to get rid of it, and how to prevent it.

UKBiker

View Post

Hi there mate just to let you know that your first link is a little outof date and hopefully you will change it ! :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Thanks for that, post edited. :tazz:

UKBiker

(now i got to do my canned speeches ) :)