Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Weird page load problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok.. this one has me completely stumped - but good! I'll try to just list 'the facts'

-Using Firefox 1.0.6 [recent update also]
-extensions: Spoofstick and Gmail nofiyer
-Rarely go to my own site except to update stuff [sillyeagle.com].. which is why I didn't notice this until recently. Have spent DAYS trying to figure out what's wrong. No sign of hacking or anything like that.

-I use tabbed site pages there and have 2 tabs which are *supposed* to have small GIF or JPG logos linked to the descriptions. 'Software Junkies' and 'Silly Stuff'.

Ok.. up front.. there is NO problem in msie seeing the linked logos
But I dont use msie :ph34r:
Now here is the incredibly WEIRD part. :ph34r:

Let's say I choose the Silly Stuff tab in Firefox- ok...the descriptions show up.. but NO LINKS [pics] - which obviously looks stupid.

If I right-click within the FRAME ONLY and view the source code.. there ARE NO PICS referenced in the HTML code!! HUH?

Yet the pages straight from the server are just fine.. and the pics are all still on the server. NOTHING has changed in [bleep] near 6 years now. LOL

Does anyone know WHY the souce code actually 'disappears' within the frame's source... yet the original page remains intact? :tazz:

And how the heck do I get folks using Firefox to 'see' my little logo links to the descriptions?? I thought it was ME with some setting in Firefox.. but there's nothing apparently wrong there. Face it.. there aren't that many... LOL :)

Anyone with some valid ideas out there? I'm totally stumped. :)

EDITED IN: Well... maybe this is an XP or Zone Alarm firewall thing??! I just opened MSIE and the logos aren't there either!! YET... last night from work, running 2000 and MSIE.. they were there just like normal. ARGHHHHH!! :)

Edited by SillyEagle, 21 August 2005 - 08:08 AM.