Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dll problem

• Please log in to reply

Jdessereaux764

Jdessereaux764

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Whenever I shutdown my computer I get a box that pops up:

It says:

aolservicehost.exe - dll initialization failed

It shuts down normally afterwards but I want it to stop saying that.

Can you help me please?

Thank you

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try downloading the AOL software again

Jdessereaux764

Jdessereaux764

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll try that now thanks

Jdessereaux764

Jdessereaux764

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I read somewhere that the aolservicehost.exe was not necessary to the running of aol. Would you be able to tell me how to get rid of it and if that doesn't work I'll reinstall aol?

Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, search, include hidden and system files, look for the file, delete it, leave it in the recycle bin

If you get access denied, click start, run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up and remove tick from AOL, specifically aolservicehost, if there, click apply, reboot, delete the file

Click start, run, type msconfig then press enter, put the dot in normal start up, click apply then reboot

AOLServiceHost.exe is a part of the AOL connection manager, and assists in automatic dialing. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems

Jdessereaux764

Jdessereaux764

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you