Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Connection - Norton permission

• Please log in to reply

OlorinAlpha

OlorinAlpha

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all. Basically my problem is that i recently re-installed LOTR - The Battle for Middle-Earth, and everytime it starts up the usual message from my norton internet security program pops up asking whether to "permit", "block", "automatically" or "manually" configure internet access. I click "Permit Always", and then the game crashes, with the splash screen frozen. The game then doesnt dissapear, even when i manually try to end the program. Now i thought it was an issue with the game, but ive tried other games and download managers and applications after this, and the same thing happens: the "permission" screen comes up, i click Allow, and it crashes. I have things already permitted, Like WoW and Act of War, and BitTorrent, and they work fine, so this problem is recent and only affects new permission protocols.

Please Help! thanks.

Advertisements

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Go into the Norton Firewall, find 'Manually Configure Acess' (i think by clicking on the firewall) and allow the game

OlorinAlpha

OlorinAlpha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
But when i do that it crashes too - except this time its Norton itself that crashes.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Ok. Realize that Norton is buggy an barely works, i use this
http://store.ca.com/...RP=0&CACHE_ID=0

$30 for a near perfect firewall