Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What happens when...

• Please log in to reply

Dark_Star_Qc

Dark_Star_Qc

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
You post a request for help in the wrong section, someone starts helping you, determines that your request should be posted in another section and transfers your post to the appropriate section?

Does it get stuck in limbo because the other helpers think that someone is already assisting you...????????

Someone once told me that we weren't supposed to contact the helpers directly... and while I wish to respect those instructions, I'm afraid I won't be able to get help otherwise... :tazz:

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
yh its a hard life but we just do that to keep the forums tidy and everone coldget help ! :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hiya

If I find say a thread in Off topic that needs moved to Malware, I do the following

If it has no replies, I hust move it, that way when it appears in the correct forum, it will still show no replies and be picked up and dealst with as per everyone else.

If it has some replies already, i will edit the topic title so as to reflect the fact that it is a new request when it is moved, thatway the OP is not disadvantaged.

UKBiker

Dark_Star_Qc

Dark_Star_Qc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
O.K., that's fine Biker, and quite logical.

However, since you are not the one who moved MY topic... and since the person who actually did move it did NOT change the title... how will anyone know that I need SOMEONE to look at it...? :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
In the Off Topic section of these boards, we have a sticky that you can post an alert in if you have had no reply in 5 days.

the link is here..

This is monitored closely and overlooked posts that are notified to us there get picked up quickly.

UKBiker

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
if it is malware related log, please make a note of it in the 5 day old thread here

http://www.geekstogo...ply-t21869.html

Dark_Star_Qc

Dark_Star_Qc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
FIVE DAYS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? :)

You've got to be kidding...!!! I work with my computer... I'll have gone out of business in FIVE days...!!! :tazz:

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
we are not currently out 5 days, however since there have been posts made to it, it will be overlooked this is a way to get it looked at faster.

I know where you are coming from on the aspect that you use your computer for business, so do I, and I was without it for 2 weeks.

Dark_Star_Qc

Dark_Star_Qc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
O.K., well, how about this?

Since you already know about my problem... and since you certainly sympathize with my plight... might it not be a good idea for you to have a look at the post yourself...? :tazz:

Just wondering... :)

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
if you have link i will look at it

Dark_Star_Qc

Dark_Star_Qc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts