Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I keep losing gigs on my hardrive

• Please log in to reply

Gnomie

Gnomie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I clear out a big game a few gigs at a time and 30 mins to an hour later i lose a gig or more on my hardrive without doing anything. I dont no what to do. I could definately use some help. I check how many gigs are on my hardrive and its 4 gigs but when i check next time its 2 gigs without doing something to add gigs. All I have done is search the internet or play video games. I need more space because there are some cool video games coming out and i dont have much space left on my hardrive.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On a wb page, click tools, internet options, advanced to tick empty temporary internet files when browser is closed, tick apply, close the browser.

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, press more options, click system restore clean up, click OK

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
And clean out your recycle bin too, if you haven't. It's easy to forget to do that when removing files. You should always do it before defragmenting too.

Gnomie

Gnomie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I did all those things but i don't think that will solve this problem

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Download SpaceMonger to see where a map of your drive, this will tell you where all the HDD space is going.
If you need any help, you can attach a SpaceMonger screenshot for the drive you lost the space.