Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows logon

• Please log in to reply

Caseyb

Caseyb

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hello,

I recently was trying to turn off the user accounts on windows xp pro so that every time my computer sits for a period of time I do not have to click on my profile. When I went into user accounts I unchecked the boxes that said use the welcome screen and use fast user switching. Now that I know what that did, enabled windows logon at start-up, I do not have a password to logon. Therefore, I cannot get into windows to turn this feature off, so now I am stuck using someone elses computer to get help. I was just wondering if there is any way to bypass this feature and then turn it off so this does not happen again. Also, how do you turn off user accounts totally.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
If you dont have a password, leave the password text-box blank.

Disabling "Welcome screen will give you a Win2000 style login screen, so you will need to re-enable it.

For not selecting a profile at Welcome screen, follow the steps below:
Start -> Run.
Type: control userpasswords2.
Press <enter>.
In the newly opened User Accounts window, uncheck the User must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

Caseyb

Caseyb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thank you very much!