Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

W32/Alemod.d.dll [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
I don't see anything unusual in there. hmmmm, tell me exactly whats going on

:tazz:

Excal

Advertisements

airguppy

airguppy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
nothing anymore, everything seems to be completly normal. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing further I needed to do. Looks like case closed to me : ) and I can't thank you enough for all the help.

Through all this I noticed in C:/program files there are a lot of folders that are from programs that I installed and uninstalled over 2 years ago. Should I ignore them, delete them or start a new post asking what to do?

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
They maybe just folders left over from uninstalls. If you are unsure of what they are, open them up and look whats inside, if there is nothing in there and you reconginze it has something you uninstalled, then delete the folders. If you have any question on any of them, post back and ask and I will see if i know.

Thanks,

Excal

airguppy

airguppy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Here are the things that I am looking to clean up but I am trying to do it safely. I have been trained to be afraid of file types I dont understand and I dont understand any of these.

"Add/Remove Programs" was used for all of these but they are still there in some form or another.

Let me know if this is something you can help with or if I should just ignore them.

Apparently it took me a while to find a poker site I liked and the ones I diddn't wanted to haunt me. Dunno if you play but any of the poker sites below really aren't the greatest : )

C:\Program Files\aztecrichesMPP - contains other folders and files (too many to list) and was removed using "add/remove programs" but is still in there.

C:\Program Files\Best Buy Rhapsody\rhapsodygod@yahoo.com - contains a file named 40132.rdb Was installed by on of my friends on the geeksquad and I never used it bu I can not find a way to uninstall it

C:\Program Files\GCN - GlobalCommunicationsNetwork my girlfriend used it to use it to talk to her friends using the PC instead of a phone, uninstalled it but it has a file in it called Settings.ini

C:\Program Files\IntertopsPoker\tmpUpgrade - uninstalled but still there, it contains a file that is called upgradeit67-78man.exe

C:\Program Files\KFH - another uninstalled poker site I no longer use, it contains 6 files with extensions like .ini, .swf, and .exe

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims - A terrible game that I played and then uninstalled but there are still quite a few files and folders in there

C:\Program Files\PacificPoker - another uninstalled poker site I no longer use, it contains 2 files promo.gif and thumbs.db

C:\Program Files\Poker Shootout - another uninstalled poker site I no longer use, it contains too many files and types to list

C:\Program Files\PokerStars - another uninstalled poker site I no longer use, it contains too many files and types to list

C:\Program Files\StreamCast\Morpheus - program that has been uninstalled but still has a few .dll, .ini and .exe files in it

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate - was needed to log into my computer at work from home at a job I no longer have

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
This is part of norton, make sure that you go into add/remove programs to ensure there is nothing else Norton there:

C:\Program Files\Symantec

Go into safe mode and delete all these folders. Let me know if you have any problems:

C:\Program Files\aztecrichesMPP
C:\Program Files\Best Buy Rhapsody
C:\Program Files\GCN
C:\Program Files\IntertopsPoker
C:\Program Files\KFH
C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims
C:\Program Files\PacificPoker
C:\Program Files\Poker Shootout
C:\Program Files\PokerStars
C:\Program Files\StreamCast\Morpheus

Excal

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.