Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows is all messed up

• Please log in to reply

convictedferret

convictedferret

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
a while back i rebooted my computer and a message from windows popped up that said that my sytem hard ware has changed and that i needed to re-register with them or something like that after i did everything seems to have been messed up....

im pretty sure its my sp2 that is the problem; i cant switch users, i cant get the windows xp theme for my desktop, it wont recognize my printer because it cant find spool, there is a list of other things that are wrong small things. and it wont let me remove sp2 from my computer, when i try it says "cannot find specified file" then it says "windows service pack 2 was not uninstalled" >_<

please help :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you run a repair install it should remove SP2

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html