Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registering domain/hosting for client

• Please log in to reply

heliotropic

heliotropic

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm new to freelance web design and I'm curious how everyone here sets up hosting for clients. If a client wants you to set up the domain and hositng for them, how do you do this? Do you ask your client for their credit card number? Or do you have them reimburse you?

thanks
todd

Advertisements

puterman

puterman

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Todd,

I will share how I go about that situation, maybe it will help you.

Consider creating an all in one package, thougha small investment would be required, but if you charge enough for the site, it should pay for itself.

First you can open up a hosting reseller account, I use to companies, some are very inexpensive, 20 bucks a month.

You can also sign up as a domain reseller with wild west domains or enom, once again there is an investment, but if you do enough sites, this should pay off.

Combine these with your site design and you can offer your clients an all-in-one solution. You can register the domain for them and host the site you create for them.

You cover the initial costs per client and bill them to get reimbursed.

Just my view, hope it helps.

~~ Joe V aka Puterman