Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox does not display some sites correctly

• Please log in to reply

supernoober

supernoober

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
My firefox 1.06 does not display all sites correctly. A few examples of these sites are ebay and geekstogo. I see the text and can use the site, but the font and the color are wrong. Internet explorer displays all of these sites perfectly. How can I fix this?

Advertisements

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Unfortunately, not all websites are designed to be used by Mozilla, so you will always need to habve a copy of IE laying around. Not to mention the fact that the only way you can update your XP (or windows operating system) is with IE.

I havent noticed any major problems with GTG and Firefox.

EMCguy

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Not sure if supernoober's problem is solved, but this could :) others
The same thing happened to me yesterday. GTG, a few other forums, and a few regular sites weren't displaying right and was bugging me. So I cleared the firefox cache.

From Firefox:
Tools > Options
Privacy > Cache > Clear

Not sure what caused the problem, but my firefox is :tazz: now

wllm55

wllm55

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Also, in case it is an IE problem, go to tools>extensions>get more extensions and download the veiw IE extension. It doesn't really sound like an IE site problem, but it is a handy extension to have. Later

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Yosh, Thanks for the help, dawgs.

eovogt250

eovogt250

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Just so you know firefox will only display pages incorrectlky with are not valid html or there is something wrong with the code. is it possible to make any site look the same in firefox as IE no matter the problem with the HTML, however java and dhtml can have some problems but ANYTHING is possible.

supernoober

supernoober

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
When I get an auto update for java, do i delete old one?

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Some apps over-write old ones but I have never deleted any so.....Dont ....I haven't?
RockyIV

Edited by RockyIV, 03 September 2005 - 08:49 PM.