Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

winxp copy and paste

• Please log in to reply

mmkpromo

mmkpromo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am using dreamweaver as my website builder which often relies and copying and pastying material from the internet and/or previous webpages.

Unfortunately it often fails and once it does I need to reboot and i might be able to resume copy and paste but sometimes even then the reboot doesn't work.

winxp, service pack two.

Strangely, i found out that my laptop does the same thing.

I have spent money on new computers, new hardrives etc, and adaware, avg, spybouncer, blah, blah, but to no avail can I find a virus or a fix.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If your host supports ftp you might want to try downloading the pages that need to be edited to a folder, editing them there and uploading the replacement page. BTW you should always keep an exact copy of your site in a folder in your machine in case the server loses files or you want to change hosts. And it also makes changing pages and files a lot easier.