Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD-Drive is not reading CD's

• Please log in to reply

NadoKing

NadoKing

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello
Saturday night i was playing Rome Total War
And my CD Drive was working and it could read disk.
THan i wake up Sunday Morning get on my PC and i put Rome Total War in and it cant read the disk. it says "Cannot find CD-Rom, Please insert and restart the application again."
Than i tryed it with every other game and none work, i go to Device Manager and troubleshoot the drive and it says that its working fine. "This Device is working Properly (how ever you spell it). I do system restore, doesnt work, i tryed Add/Remove programs to see if it was just the disk but it says "Please Insert CD-Rom into (some drive)"
i plucked out the side of my tower to see if somethin came undone, but nothing did.
Please help!

Advertisements

fioreskater

fioreskater

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
well it seems as though your cd drive may just need cleaning try using a cleaning cd with it that may fix your problem