Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe invalid page fault

• Please log in to reply

NSJ

NSJ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:)

I was trying to help my mother with the installation of a CD-RW drive this afternoon and sometime during the process suddenly began getting the following explorer invalid page fault....

Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module EXPLORER.EXE at 0167:00401f31
etc, etc, etc....

I found the "solution" of doing the scanreg/restore option. I tried that and then began getting the following system.ini error.....

C:\PROGRA~1\INOCUL~1\VETMON9X.VXD

It said to press any key to continue and followed through with eventually going to Windows again but then after it trying to reinstall the mouse that was apparently installed after that last registry that I had selected then it goes right back to that Explorer error again. Doesn't seem to be a way of getting rid of this darn thing. Don't really want to lose what she has on the computer either since it's also used for her work.

Anybody?! Please. :tazz:

Almost forgot, she's running either Windows 98 or 98SE in case that matters.

Thanks,
Michelle

Edited by NSJ, 21 August 2005 - 09:47 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You have two programs that are trying to use the same part of memory, RAM that is. This is the most common cause, especially after installing new software or hardware. Uninstall something and see if that helps. You probably haven't damaged any files on the disk so it should work when you remove the right programs. How to get the programs installed without more conflicts is another matter.

NSJ

NSJ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I was able to erase the folder that I had placed on the computer using the C:> (long story in getting to that method) but I'm not even able to get in using Safe Mode because of the Explorer error thus whatever it is apparently is still in there not wanting to go away. Any other way to get around that?