Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop keeps shutting down

• Please log in to reply

Vickie_exai

Vickie_exai

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Here is what is happening. I can go along fine on my laptop maybe for 10 minutes and sometimes maybe for 45 minutes or so, then all of a sudden my whole screen will turn blue with all this writing from top to bottom saying all kinds of things such as..fatal error...stack dump something or another...and on and on. I have to unplug my computer and pull the battery pack out and connect all back up to get it going again till the next time it does it. What is going on and what do I do to fix it? :) :tazz:

Advertisements

Vickie_exai

Vickie_exai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you for the quick response...lol :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo. There's no need to be sarcastic. You posted your "thanks" only 24 minutes after you posted your problem. At this time, there aren't any Trusted Techs online. You WILL get help, you just need to be patient. There are many people on this site who help out in this area, however some are experienced only in certain areas, and it may not be the area you need. However, in the morning, there will be many more Staff members on, and you will be able to get answers to your questions. :tazz:

Vickie_exai

Vickie_exai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thank you for the quick response...lol :tazz:

View Post

There's no need to be sarcastic.
From a blonde non-admin person

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic..thank you for replying. Your post has made everything much better. Will wait patiently for a more tactful admin. later tomorrow.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go Vickie. :tazz:

This free service is made possible because of volunteers. We have helpers from all over the world, and usually have pretty good 24-hour coverage. However this is also a very popular site, and expecting a response within minutes is not reasonable -- especially on a Sunday night. We all have real lives, families and responsibilities. We are doing this because we enjoy helping others, and most are very appreciative of the service we provide. If you are not able to wait for a response, I suggest you look for a pay service that may be able to help you more promptly.

Vickie_exai

Vickie_exai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am waiting patiently thank you for a decent response. Yes I know all about having a life outside of the computer being 52 years old with grandchildren I babysit daily. :) lol....but thank you young ones for setting me straight. :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Vickie_exai...Welcome to G2G!

Have you tried a system restore? A lot of times this will clear that problem.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Tick the box "Restore my computer to an earlier time" (usually selected by default) and click "Next". Choose a date at least one day before your problem began and click "Next"...

If this doesn't solve the problem, please post back to this thread.

wannabe1

Vickie_exai

Vickie_exai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well thank you hun, :tazz: I may just try that. No I didn't think of that and I really appreciate the advice. Will try that right now. Wish me luck...lol...I am probabaly going to need it, this stupid computer...lol...I will let you know what happened.
hugggs, Vickie :)

Vickie_exai

Vickie_exai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
In fact, that is an excellant idea and I didn't even think of that. Thank you for being so nice and helpful. Off to do it right now. :tazz:

Vickie_exai

Vickie_exai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
wannabee..you are brilliant. I want to thank you very much for your nice and so helpful reply. All worked out because of you and I wish you the best of luck here. You are a very polite and sweet person. Hugs, Vickie :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You are most welcome , Vickie...Glad I could help you.

wannabe1

Vickie_exai

Vickie_exai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Okay, this is all I have to say as I am grinning really big...I am sitting here looking at my new revised laptop. Never have seen it being this way in a long, long time. Wannabe...you are the very best!!! You have my vote and should be at the top here at this help site. :tazz: