Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Windows 98 interface with Lexmark Z11 printer

• Please log in to reply

scuter

scuter

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Pavilion 8660c running windows 98SE that I have been trying to get to work with a Lexmark Z11 printer. I have down loaded the latest driver and a patch from Microsoft, (XML 3.0 service pack 4), and I still cannot get the thing to print from word or other programs other than it's own setup check program. I guess that program works only in DOS or something because the printer will print test pages and do the cleaning functions fine, but I can't get it to interface with windows. Has anybody had this problem before?
P.S. I've re-installed so many times I can do it with my eyes closed so that's not the problem.

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Scuter

Follow this link to download the latest drivers for the Z11 printer, it is for 98, reinstall the drivers for the printer to see if that helps.

http://downloads.lex...s=229:1:0:0:0:0

The second thing to check is go into control panel, printers and faxes and see if the printer is showing, is the check mark on the printer listing it as default, open Word again, type whatever, hold down the Ctrl key and press P, do you get the print dialog box come up. You should be able to select a different printer on the drop down box if your Z11 is not showing, does it show up in here? huh.gif