Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

new graphics card

• Please log in to reply

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
ok im lookin into getting a new graphics card but all the cards i like are diffrent on the bit you push into the slot. ive attached a picture mines the one on top and the one i want is on the bottem ive outlined the bits im on about. :tazz:
:) forgot to say will the one i want fit into the same slot

Attached Files

Edited by customcomp, 22 August 2005 - 08:38 AM.

Advertisements

customcomp

customcomp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
does any body understand what im on about? :tazz:

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
The graphics card you have is a PCI card, i.e. it fits into a PCI slot on the motherboard. The other card is designed to fit into an AGP slot on the motherboard. If your motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot then you'll have to buy a card designed to fit into a PCI slot. Some but not all graphics cards are made with PCI and AGP versions.

customcomp

customcomp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
thanx alot ive just look and i have 2 pci slots and i THINK i have 1 agp slot. does an agp slot have a white thing on the end you use tohold it in?

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
PCI slots are generaly white in colour, AGP slots are about the same size as PCI but they are brown in color and sit further back on the board.
I'll try and find a picture that will show you better.

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Have a look Here.

customcomp

customcomp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
thanx a lot i do have one!!