Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Packardbell, amd 2100+

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Hey guys, i have this laptop here

its a packard bell with a m-amd 2600+ processor, the processor is clocking at 516mhz :tazz: this cant be right can it?

it has 224MB of ram and SIS 740 internal graphics.

It was running windows XP so slow its unbelievable, so i assumed it was a virus and format reinstalled XP.

Its still running exceptionally slowly.

Any Ideas?

Dave

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Most likely it's not enough memory slowing you down. Use Task Manager to tell what your memory commitment is. If it's over your available memory you're writing and reading from the disk and that slows things down a lot. Most laptops underclock the CPUs to save battery. The CMOS ciruitry used has a very flat speed/power characteristic curve.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Theres plent yof memory available. No processes running that shouldnt be...its a wierd mofo...mind you i do hate laptops for a reason.