Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

is wlballoon wlnotify.dll a spy or adware [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

seattleman

seattleman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have run the first 4 steps and nothing says I have any spyware but when I run spybot and look at the system startup this is what I get.

Key----------------- Value----------------- Command Line

System.ini--------- crypt32chain----------crypt32.dll
System.ini--------- cryptnet---------------cryptnet.dll
System.ini--------- cscdll-------------------cscdll.dll
System.ini--------- ScCertProp------------wlnotify.dll
System.ini--------- Schedule--------------wlnotify.dll
System.ini--------- sclgntfy----------------sclgntfy.dll
System.ini--------- SensLogn--------------WINotify.dll
System.ini--------- termsrv----------------wlnotify.dll
System.ini--------- wlballoon--------------wlnotify.dll

I have run adaware, trojan hunter, trendmicro, spybot, giant, and microsoft antispyware. None of these say I have anything wrong with my computer but when I google wlballoon it says it is a vx2.

My question is any of this spyware or adware and if it is why doesnt any of the tests show it and how do I remove it. I have not run a hijack this yet but will depending on you suggestions. Thank you for any help that you may provide.

Edited by seattleman, 22 August 2005 - 10:25 AM.