Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

is wlballoon wlnotify.dll a spy or adware [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

seattleman

seattleman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have run the first 4 steps and nothing says I have any spyware but when I run spybot and look at the system startup this is what I get.

Key----------------- Value----------------- Command Line

System.ini--------- crypt32chain----------crypt32.dll
System.ini--------- cryptnet---------------cryptnet.dll
System.ini--------- cscdll-------------------cscdll.dll
System.ini--------- ScCertProp------------wlnotify.dll
System.ini--------- Schedule--------------wlnotify.dll
System.ini--------- sclgntfy----------------sclgntfy.dll
System.ini--------- SensLogn--------------WINotify.dll
System.ini--------- termsrv----------------wlnotify.dll
System.ini--------- wlballoon--------------wlnotify.dll

I have run adaware, trojan hunter, trendmicro, spybot, giant, and microsoft antispyware. None of these say I have anything wrong with my computer but when I google wlballoon it says it is a vx2.

My question is any of this spyware or adware and if it is why doesnt any of the tests show it and how do I remove it. I have not run a hijack this yet but will depending on you suggestions. Thank you for any help that you may provide.

Edited by seattleman, 22 August 2005 - 10:25 AM.

Advertisement

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Those are legit files. If you want us to check your computer for any possible spyware, we need a HijackThis log from you.

seattleman

seattleman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you very much, I just put this system together at a friends house and did not think that there would be any as I am running trend micro, and zone alarm.

greyknight17 :tazz:, Thank you for your quick response. Would you still want to see a hijack this log on a relatively new computer.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
If you want to post the HijackThis log for me to review, you may. It will only take about a minute to look through it to see if there's a problem.

Else, we can just close this topic if you have no further questions.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisement