Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply

savg511

savg511

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am unable to download anything from Microsoft.com. I can go to the download page, click on the download link and then I get the error page: The page cannot be displayed. Cannot find server or DNS error. I can download from other sites however. I am running on Windows 2000 and have IE 5.5. Other computers in the office can download from Microsoft.com. I have tried using the repair utility from the Windows 2000 to see if it would repair it and it won't. I have downloaded the files to the public drive and then tried installing on the "bad" computer and because it still needs to connect to Microsoft.com it won't download and I get the error page. Unsure of what to do since this is the only computer. I have even changed the security settings to the lowest and still nothing. Any advice?

Thank you! :tazz:

Edited by savg511, 22 August 2005 - 10:38 AM.

Advertisements

Boomer_2008

Boomer_2008

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
GET FIREFOX AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUCH BETTER THEN IE U WOULDNT BE HAVEING THESE PROBLEMZ

savg511

savg511

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Tried that. Still won't download anything from microsoft.com. says I need internet explorer in order to do the windows update. what now?