Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

comp freezes... a lot

• Please log in to reply

three_dee

three_dee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i'm really starting to get perturbed... my comp freezes at like the most obscure times. its happened everyehwere from starting up, shu8tting down, starting up a game, the middle of a game, and even just it be setting there. i don't knwo why it does this.. PLEASE HELP :'(

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What checks have you done so far? Are there any indications of malware and do you have any error codes you can tell us about? In a case like this I would certainly run the system file checker and scanreg.

three_dee

three_dee

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well... how do scan reg... and i don't think i have any malware or anything... and i've done a harddrive error check and a spyware/adware check... nothig.. i'mg etting an anti-virus to check for anything else too... and no, i have mnot gotten any error messages :S it jsut freezes and i resart.