Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ouija Board

• Please log in to reply

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hey,

Has anyone Here tried playing with the Ouija board that scary board where the cursor moves all by itself and is it scary or do people just say that to scare each other and If you have played it what experinces did u have ? :tazz:

cool :)

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I try to keep my children away from these type of things because once one starts feelings someting weird it tends to turn up in other moments of one life as the mind is quite trainable and open to influence. For example, something which often has weird effects on ones life is a dream diary (to strenghten the retention of the dream), and again another type is trying dream control(learning to move inside ones dream), both of these things are shaman practices which the rational mind would dismiss as pointless or irrenevent, that is untill one tries it, anyway, I hope everyone here will agree that these things unattended are dangerous for childen whereas with adults there are quite a few sites on this matter.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
same here i keep anyone from talking about it in my family however is this thing really real or is it just the strong imagination that is causing this ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP
theoretically...everything is your imagination...some schools of thought operate under the premise that existance is based on perception. such that things to do not truly exist until you percieve them (such as "mom...i can't find the peanut butter" it's in the cupboard " oh ok now i see it....i swear it wasn't there before") so technically by this process anything percieved as truth thereby is truth.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, those boards are useless you get laugh ones that have motorised magnets in them its all to do with tiny movements inpeoples arms and your arm subconciously following the movement of the curosr its all rubbish. The dream stuff was deveolped by phsyciatrists so its hardly shaman stuff, on the ood occasion i have controlable dreams they can be fun and they can be scary, when i was younger i could only control the actions in nightmares was weird could move very slowly like i had weights on ym legs very weird it eventually culminated in em fighting a giant purple snake that bit of my pinky. It then choked and died. LMAO. Now dreams are all fun i watch films late at night and i sometimes dream about them or similar things, was flying a jet bike last night, was annoyed when i needed to get up and go back to the toilet you never get the same dream twice no matter how hard you try.LOL.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP

The dream stuff was deveolped by phsyciatrists so its hardly shaman stuff,

this isn't true...the first books about this topic were written by psychiatrists (more accurately psychOLOGISTS) but the act of controlling your dreams has been in practice for many years. most "primitive" cultures practiced the art of controllling everything about their minds on a regular basis (tattooing - contolling of pain, "Vision quests" - controlling of fear and dealing with the unknown, and the aboriginal "dream time" - seeing into the future) Lucent dreaming is nothing new....it's just got different packaging

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
So I take it that you dont believe in "walking dead" of being able to see them or hear them?

Just wondering....

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Dreamcontrol, dream diaries and halucagenics are still practices of the Yaqui indians of Mexico as they have been for centuaries, it is only in our centuary that phsyciatists and their like have started to use some of their techneaks but it pales in comparasion as it is only the goal of curing a dream disterbense and stops when that person's block has gone. Now, I myself don't know and it, as with beleaf in God in any form, up to the believer though what is true is that our senses are not tapped to their fullest because we reason out stuff which is irational, pointless, primitive and irrevellent, perhaps all with a question like "What has this event to do with my daily life, none", why, because it boarders on madness or more clearly it verges from a wide'ish road we feel as sanity, something which is what the mind is continually trying to stay on but then we wonder what, when something takes us off that verge, it is we are facing, why again an instink is correct, etc., anyway rather than rable on here, there are many books but I suggest reading Carlos Castaneda's books which are pure fiction based on something quite interesting.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
i dont like having good dreams because think about it having a good dream then wakin up ut having a bad dream then wakin up is cool :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Bad dreams can be fun get the blood gon in the mornin, i am open to alot of sensory development stuff but thats because i am completly mad, if i were rich i would be excentric.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I remember meeting someone who was dead in a dream, trying to explain myself to her, but I often relive the past this way and even now I wonder what is the point in remembering dreams though some of the best images, exrotic sceens and shocking situations have been from my dreams, for example when the airplane I was on suddenly before landing throw on the power and sored back up into the sky, I wasn't rattled because I somehow felt the pilot knew what he was doing and rightly he explained over the mike that he had been at the wrong angle, but you can imagine the dream I had that night, very very vivid and complex, so for me at least the dreams I have reflect my mental state in that they take a backseat when I am not worried but fulling my sleep with a disconnected story when I am worried.