Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver help

• Please log in to reply

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hey peeps
where can i get a drtiver for the sm bus controller? also i need some drivers for the serail ports. com 4 and lpt3 have a " ? " by them. can some one please point me to the right place?
thanks
pmn

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Have you tried google?

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
yeah i have. i found a bunch of forums that talk about the same thing but have no links to the driver. i read that i need my chipset driver. so i went to amd but did not find it there. i'll keep looking
pmn

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
No I mean as in Type in the software and also type in 'driver download' so you should type 'sm bus controller driver download'
See if that works!
RockyIV

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

yeah i have. i found a bunch of forums that talk about the same thing but have no links to the driver.  i read that i need my chipset driver. so i went to amd but did not find it there. i'll keep looking
pmn

View Post

What is the brand of your chip sets. e.g mines VIA

Edited by Tony_1983, 31 August 2005 - 06:50 AM.

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
mine is sis 741gx. i download that that but nothing happened. the sm bus still has the ? by it. i also saw that on sis chips the smbus is intgrated with the sound. so i got the sound drivers and nothing. i am thinkg about formatting my hd and do a fresh windows install to see if that helps. would you guys advise me to go that way or should i try something else?
thanks
PMN

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Can you get a brand name and model number off your motherboard? The MB maker's site is usually the best to find stuff. If you can find that the MB was used in a particualr brand and model of computer you can go to that maker's site to get them too. Google really is your friend here, and your own eyes.

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
my mb is ASRock K7S41GX. the chipset is from sis. i got the chip set infro from Everest.
i already went to ASRock but only found the bios upgrades. from the other forums i read from the solution for the problem was to get the latest chipset drivers. i went to sis and got them but it did not work. one more solution was to to a fresh win install. should i just format the hd and start over or is there still hope?
PMN