Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with internet connection

• Please log in to reply

debugger00

debugger00

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey , i am having a problem with my dial-up connection i windows xp sp1 :
it is always active and the bytes sent are always more than the bytes received.

spyware is not the problem ...
please i need solution

Please do not include an e-mail address in posts

Edited by Keith, 22 August 2005 - 01:35 PM.

Advertisements

[RoOF]UberDaz

[RoOF]UberDaz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
how can you be sure that spyware is not the problem?. if you are positive it isnt spyware check that it isnt any other form of virus/adaware.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if your connection is always active, but you're not always using the machine...then it would make sense that your sent packets are always more than recieved...(as long as it's not some ungodly number) because this is probably due to the fact that you computer is acknowledging the connection to your isp....the machine doesn't just call the number and forget about it...there is constant interaction on the line....most of the time...your computer will talk to the isp more often than the isp responds...hence the larger number....but this is all dependant on whether or not you are truly clean or not