Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delete Dr. Watson? Wise or stupid...or turn it off

• Please log in to reply

Tarsh Fenrir

Tarsh Fenrir

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I realize there are many threads about Dr. Watson. I know i have a problem, but my question is this: Is deleting it or turning it off smart?

I have had Dr. Watson pop up for me six times. I'm pretty sure it isn't that trojan thing I've read about. The computer is working fine; it's just that dern error. I read on a site that tells you how to turn it off. I was wondering if it is wise to turn Dr. Watson off. Or, could I delete it? What effect would turning it off or delteing it have on our computer? Is there something else I can do?

Dr. Watson has only popped up for me. I don't know why just me, maybe it has to do with my Trillian IM, but it hasn't been giving me any trouble before. I've had Trillian for almost two years, this thing with Watson has been going on for about two weeks.

Please help. Turn it off? Delete it? Cry? Help!!

By the way, please don't use a whole lot of computer acronyms. I am only so much computer inclined.

Advertisements

clint48

clint48

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi Tarsh, go to the malware removal link and let one of the experts help you.

http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Clint

Tarsh Fenrir

Tarsh Fenrir

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
**nods** Thank you Clint.