Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Pop up and Wallpaper question

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I hope this is the right place to ask???

I keep getting pop ups when ever I go on IMDB (whenever I go on the boards there).
It's quite annoying. If anyone could help that'd be great! Oh and i'm using Firefox, not sure if that helps?

Also I have a wallpaper, but I forgot to save it to my files. Any way I can save it? As I want to put a new up but don't want to lose the currant one I have forever.

Any help would be appreciated as i'm rather computer illiterate. :tazz:

Edited by McBuffy, 22 August 2005 - 04:05 PM.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi McBuffy...Welcome to G2G!

Wallpaper issue. Your picture is saved somewhere, but I'm not sure where. If you know the name of the file, do a search for it with Windows search function (Start > Search)...if you don't remember the name of it, go to your Desktop Properties (right click on the desktop and choose properties) and click on the "Desktop" tab...your current wallpaper should be hi-lited in the box...use that name to do the search.

Pop ups are a whole different issue. They can be caused by spyware/malware on your computer or generated by the sites you visit. There are several free popup blockers available (Pop Up Stopper comes to mind) and many of the antivirus programs also have them. Do a little Google-ing and choose one that is rated fairly high.