Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Has anyone encountered this service in a whois request?

WhoisGuard is a service that prevents people from gaining access to your address, phone number and email using Whois.

Basically they will register their name, address and phone number for you with ICANN.

That hardly seems fair at the very least... And downright suspicious if you ask me!

Woudn't that mean you are actually paying people to steal your domain right out from under your nose?!

How Does WhoisGuard Work?

Is this a valid service of actual benifit to genuine webmasters or just a cheap trick for scam artists to try n hide from the good guys?

It's late, maybe the sleep dep is making me paranoid :tazz:

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
GoDaddy uses a service like this. I know Mike Healan (the owner of www.spywareinfo.com) uses that service, because he doesn't want the malware writers he fights against being able to easily obtain his home address and phone number