Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"favorites go to windows folder

• Please log in to reply

rzcsc

rzcsc

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have a problem with my favorites. All My favorites go directly to the windows folder in the C drive. So that means that all of the other C:\windows documents/folders/files are in my favorites menu on IE. I only want to have my favorites when I open the favorites tab on the top of the page, and not the other 1,000 files. I have no idea how this happened, but it would be nice if I can get some help. Thank you in advance

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you try using the Manage Favorites in IE and moving the folder where you want it to be? I keep my Favorites folder in My Documents. Click the Favorrites button at top of IE and select the Manage Favorites. The window that pops up will show you a Move to Folder button and several others. You click the Move to Folder button and then select where you want to store your Favorites folder.

Ron

rzcsc

rzcsc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yea I thought of that too, but the only folder choice it gives me is the windows folder.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Right click on My Computer and select Explore. If you don't know where your Favorites folder is, use the search function to find it on HD. Once found, highlight it. Right click the folder and select Move to Folder and move it to a folder of your choice. If you don't have one, navigate in the Move to Folder window to where you want Favorites folder, click New Folder, name it and then make sure its highlighted and click OK button to move.

Ron