Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FHS for overclocking

• Please log in to reply

silverblades

silverblades

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello :)
I have found a site with the same mobo as ive just got and the same cpu, to make things better they are overclocking the cpu from stock 2.2Ghz to 2.8Ghz using a hsf( Thermalright) (2.2 to 3.22 using subzero cooling) Athlon64 3700+ Overclocking Fun. Im thinking 2.6Ghz is sufficient.
So my question is what would be the best hsf for me heres a couple from the online shop i use the most.
1. Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED
2. Gigabyte G-Power Pro GH-PDU21-MF
3. Thermalright XP-120 Heatsink + Maybe Evercool 120mm Blue LED Fan or SilenX 120mm Blue LED Fan 14dBA

looking forward to some ideas
:tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The stock one should do fine, otherwise IF it will fit the the xp-120 is the best choice.

silverblades

silverblades

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
thanks warriorscot
I found this page XP-120 A64 / A64FX Motherboard Compatibility Information and my mobo happens to be one that does not go the best with this hs :tazz:

silverblades

silverblades

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Also on the DFI page that has specs tells me my mobo supports DDR266, DDR333 and DDR400 DDR SDRAM DIMM, ok and the link on the same page for this mobo is a list of ram best used in overclocking have a look here it even shows and tells me at the top this page is for my mobo so now im confused :tazz:

I had my eye set on these for next week these Corsair's

Edited by silverblades, 23 August 2005 - 11:01 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That is good ram, you know there isnt much point in overclocking at the moment you have enough power to run anything out there very quickly, i dont even need to overclock and i have a slower cpu than you do, that cpu and that ram as they are will be very very fast.
I would get your ram and leave it for a while a year or two down the line you might want to overclock but for now i wouldnt risk your shiny new machine for uneeded power.