Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Override Password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

timadamsjr

timadamsjr

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I had to reload Win XP Prof on my workstation. Now when the system comes up it is asking for a password. I do not know the user password. I have brought the system up in safe mode and tried to bypass the Administrator password but I cannot get in. How can I override either password?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi timadamsjr...Welcome to G2G!

Try typing "administrator" (without the quotes) when prompted...I have had this work on a few machines...granted, it is a longshot, but it has worked for me a few times in the past.

wannabe1

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
unless you already know the admin password we cannot help you....we do not know if you legitimately forgot or if you're trying to crack a system that you aren't supposed to be in..sorry

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
If you had re-loaded XP as you say, then you would have set the password during the setup. Per our terms of service, we cannot help you retrieve a password.

Thread Closed.

ScHwErV :tazz: