Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linux Configuration--GNOME Panel Crash

• Please log in to reply

linux newbie

linux newbie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I need help regaining control of GNOME. I'm running RH 2.4.18-26.8.0. I was messing with my stable linux system attempting to get it see and be seen on my home MS network... some time ago now I am not sure what I did but I get fatal GNOME errors on boot and lose the control bar menu:

"gnome-panel" (process 908) crashed fatal error.

This seems to only cause problems with the gnome control pannel that boots in the left vertical position.

Is there a way to reconfigure it back to the bottom position without doing lots of updates as outlined in RHBA-2003:219-01 A common GNOME panel crash has been resolved

Edited by linux newbie, 23 August 2005 - 10:45 AM.

Advertisements

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Have you checked your logs?

The easiest of solution would be to switch window managers :tazz: *cough*kde*cough*

Just messing, but we're gonna need more information.