Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My CD Burner Says it has and Error

• Please log in to reply

GARCIA8287

GARCIA8287

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Could you tell me what is wrong with my cd player? Every single CD I burn ends with an error message and the CD may not be usable. I am so scared to not be able to open these CDs they are the only copies I have of my sons pictures.

Edited by GARCIA8287, 23 August 2005 - 09:55 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. There are a couple of things you can investigate. First, go to the hardware manufacturer's web page and see if there is a firmware update for that drive. Second, what software program are you using? (Roxio, Nero? what...?). Go to the software vendor's web page and check for software updates.

GARCIA8287

GARCIA8287

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
THanks for your reply. I am using the CD burner available through Windows Xp. Where is the website for this burner? Thanks again.